Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Together Again!

One would think that Andrew and I have learned to stay together during the summer... maybe next summer. After 5 weeks of being apart we are finally together in Dallas. While Andrew was here in Dallas I was busy finishing up school and traveling between Utah and Colorado. My plan was to be here in Dallas by my birthday so Andrew and I could celebrate- but of course there was a hitch in the plan. Andrew was called away to New York for two weeks about 12 hours after I arrived in Dallas. Thankfully, my mom made the long long drive with me and then celebrated my big 23 with me. Eventually Andrew and I met up this past weekend in San Diego for my niece's blessing and the 4th of July. It was very good to see him! Here are a few of the pictures from our adventures.Angela was a good sport and drove to Colorado with me. She even came and tried on maternity clothes with me. She even tried on the fake belly! What a sport! While my mom and I were traveling through Kansas we hit a patch of horrible weather. We had a semi circle probably 10 miles long of rain falling around us. ( You can see the rain in the picture, but just imagine that coming half way around the car.) It was really freaky! We finally stopped for gas and a bathroom break in some small town. No sooner had my mom gone into the gas station- the tornado sirens started to go off. The clerk then proceeded to lock the door to the gas station with my mom inside. Needless to say I freaked out! Luckily, the clerk let me in too and we waited out the tornado for 30 minutes. I will have to attach more pictures later- I've spent all day long trying to add some- and blogger won't let me. So... More to come.

5 comments:

Tia said...

Look at your cute little belly! What nation wide travelers you are. Hope you had a good birthday! Congrates on being a week earlier than you thought, how can I get that too??

Nick and Ashleigh said...

Happy BIrthday! Congratulations on the Baby!

Zarah said...

That's freaky about the tornado! You look so cute!

Melynda said...

OH MY GOODNESS MANDY!!! That is so scary! I had a similar experience on my mission. The locals in the midwest take those things seriously and us dumb westerners don't realize how serious things can get...and FAST! I am glad they let you in and that you guys actually had pulled over and taken cover. Scary! By the way your belly is getting so cute!! Post more pics!!!

Anjanette said...

I'm glad you and Andrew are back together again. I hate the time I spend away from Nate. It seems to make life more stressful when he's away. It's fun to see your little belly.