Sunday, March 9, 2014

Baron Visit: Part 1











 We were very excited to have Grandma and Grandpa Baron come to Germany!  The day they flew in we tried very hard to keep them busy with grandkids and going to the wild animal park by our house.

This Elk was huge!  Tyler wasn't sure what to think of him, but the elk sure wanted the food Tyler had!  



Two things here that I don't like- spiders and wild pigs.  I guess these pigs run wild around our area and I have been lucky enough to never encounter them.  I hope I never do.  


 The following day we traveled up to Rudesheim on the Rhine river.  The day started out wonderfully when I locked my keys in the car and made Andrew come home from work to unlock it for us.  I also seem to have a problem remembering to pack diapers when we go on day trips.  A big thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for setting out to find some for us!

It was somewhat of a miracle to get this picture. They were mostly spastic ninjas.  






The Niederwalddenkmal monument that was constructed after to represent the German union after the Franco-Prussian war.  

We had a lovely lunch in one of the Cafes there.  


Vineyards overlooking the Rhine.  


After exploring we went up to Mainz to meet Andrew after work and went downtown Wiesbaden for dinner.  We ate at the Rathaus that serves traditional German food.  I am not a very adventurous eater, but the food was good.  Zach wasn't too happy about being out, but some loves from Grandma fixed that.  

On our way home around 11 at night Peter and Rinda got stuck on the autobahn.  (they were helping drive one of the cars home because I detest driving here)  The funny thing is that there are no lights on the highways here, so I bet it was a really dark wait!  After about a half hour they were able to get going and meet us.  



No comments: